Allow arbitrary data in wallet
Created by: lyoshenka
As an app user, I want my data synced across devices so I have a consistent experience. My app experience feels like I'm logging into an account, so I expect that the things I do while "logged in" on one device will carry over to my other devices.
App wants to sync state (e.g. tags I follow) across devices. It seems to make sense that state like that can be stored in the wallet. Then when the wallet is synced, the state is also synced.
- add jsonrpc API methods for getting and setting this data
- store the data in the wallet file
- include timestamp of last time data was updated
- handle the data correctly during
- how to merge two different sets of arbitrary data?
- can we just take the data with the most recent timestamp? what are the issues/downsides with this?
- does it make sense to store arbitrary user-related data in the wallet? downsides?
- more generally, what is a "wallet" vs an "account"? which one corresponds to a single user's data? at what level should sync be happening?